Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No Going Back


Some of my readers might wonder about me. After all, my initial posts were true stories of what our wonderful God has done in my life and others’ lives. Lately, though, my musings have changed. They’ve become more prophetic.

To be honest, I never know what I’m going to share. My goal is simply and hopefully to be obedient to the Spirit of Christ.

Today I believe I am supposed to tell you about our van breaking down. It can go forward, but in no way can it go in reverse.

Fortunately, a neighbor told us of a trustworthy mechanic who would charge a fair price. As I thanked the Lord in my time of worship yesterday about this, I heard in my spirit, “There’s no going back.”

When I hear something in the spirit, I immediately go to the scriptures. I remembered about Lot’s wife who was severely warned of the two angels to not look back (Genesis 19:17) when leaving Sodom. As you probably know, she “looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.” (Genesis 19:26 KJV)

Then I found: And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. - Luke 9:62 KJV

“Why are You speaking this to me, Lord? Have I stopped plowing?” (Earlier as I worshipped, I had the fleeting thought of not blogging anymore.)

“No, Daughter, but your strength is waning. I will renew your strength as the eagle.” The Lord Yahshua was referring to scriptures that I pray often~ But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31 KJV

Who satisfieth thy mouth with good [things; so that] thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. - Psalm 103:5 KJV

Is your strength waning, dear friend? Don’t be tempted ‘to go back to Egypt’. When the going got tough for the children of Israel (see Numbers Chapter 11), they thought about how much better the food was when they were captives in Egypt!

We are not a people to turn back! We are those who go where the Spirit leads us. And we are led not in reverse, but forward!

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13-14

2 comments:

Kim said...

AMEN to "no turning back"! The concept of renewing our strength one day at a time by waiting on the Lord is where it is at. I just meditated on a devotion that elaborated on what that means--- waiting on God as we direct our attention to hopeful anticipation of what HE will do! It also resounds with me so strongly because of my lifetime verse --Hebrews 10:35-36 which is followed in verse 39 saying "we are not of those who draw back..."
I am edified every time I read your blog ---thanks Lyn. Kim

Anonymous said...

I love when the Lord speaks with symbolism, because it's a visual! That's really cool mom. I'm glad God is refreshing you and strengthening you! March forth! :-)