Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sleeping Beauty


Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. - Isaiah 60:1 KJV

Remember the Disney classic movie Sleeping Beauty? Recently, the Holy Spirit gave me a vision while praying that reminded me of that movie. The vision was a path or road being blocked by briers and thorns. It reminded me of the scene where the Prince bravely hacks at the briers with his sword determined to reach Sleeping Beauty in yon castle to awaken her with a kiss.


The Church is Sleeping Beauty and the Prince is—you guessed it—the Lord Yahshua, our Jesus. Those who are awake and standing with the Prince of Glory are also facing a pathway blocked by dangerous barbs. I prayed for the Holy Fire of God to burn away the briers (see Hebrews 12:29) and obliterate any doubt or fear His people were suffering with.


The briers are from the enemy of our soul who is ‘pulling out all the stops’ for he knows his days are numbered (see Revelation 12:1-12). He does not want the sleeping giant, the beautiful Bride of Christ, awakened. He wants her out of commission!


And that, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep: for now [is] our salvation nearer than when we believed. - Romans 13:11 KJV


Do you remember how Sleeping Beauty ends? The valiant Prince flings his trusty sword at the Dragon and strikes it precisely in the heart ending its life. In these tremulous days, if we can remain determined to stand (Ephesians 6:13), we will see great and mighty things happen at the hand of God (Jeremiah 33:3).



I am honored to pray for you...

3 comments:

Kim said...

Lyn,
What a cool mind picture to relate the spiritual significance of these days and a reminder of the simple truth of our wonderful Jesus wielding His sword for His bride and then coming for us. I love the idea of intimacy as the Prince comes for His princess with a kiss! It also reminded me to return to my childhood thoughts of hope,desire,excitement and fulfillment at the thought of what is experienced in pure love. Oh, how I love Jesus because He first loved me!

Carol J. Alexander said...

Hi Lyn, I just finished reading the book "Falling in Love with Jesus" and, although it wasn't the message of the book, I came away with the same thing as you describe.

Lyn Melvin said...

Oh, ladies! Thank you so much for sharing--I could feel the love you have for our Lord and it brought tears to my eyes. It is His supernatural love that will sustain us--praise His Holy Name!