Thursday, February 24, 2011

Are You Ready For This?


Up to this point, my blog posts have been pretty light-hearted. (Well, not counting the last one, of course:). I believe our Heavenly Father does not want our minds to be bogged down with worry, fear, and doubt, which is all a form of unbelief. In fact, Hebrews 3:12-19 severely warns God's people against unbelief.



According to Ecclesiastes, though, there IS a time for sorrow. There IS a time for war.

To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven…
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance…
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. - Ecc 3:1, 4, and 8 KJV

Remember what I posted at the beginning of the year:

Lately, what is impressed within me is that it is going to be “the best of times and the worst of times”. By this I believe the Holy Spirit is saying that we will see God move mightily in what will be tremulous times in the world. In the midst of great trouble we will witness the greatest harvest of souls for the Lord Jesus Christ that any human has ever seen along with signs, miracles, and wonders. [1/1/11 His Grace Is Enough]
Are you ready for this?

“How can I be ready?” you ask.

This requires a two-part answer, for as believers in Christ we are physical and spiritual beings.

Spiritually, we must prepare ourselves by spending time simply being quiet before the Lord of Heaven—seeking His face. I cannot emphasize this enough (to you AND to myself)! This includes searching the scriptures.

There in the inner chamber, I have asked Him this question myself—“Is there anything You need to reveal to me regarding preparation for what is ahead?”

This is what I believe He replied: “No. I will speak to you as you seek Me each day. Just as the children of Israel sought Me for manna each day in the desert, so shall you seek Me.”

As I have shared here in this blog, I have seen miracles in my own life. I also have been honored to minister to people in the miraculous. Perhaps the Lord would have me tell more about that in a future post.

Although I have never seen manna appear, I believe God has done this for His people. My point is that we are coming into a season of miracles! In the midst of this dark time, our God will sweep the earth with His glory and power. Those who trust in Him will daily receive resources and supplies from unexpected sources—even manifesting miraculously.

If this is true, should we physically prepare for a catastrophic event? I believe God has called individuals and ministries to be ready to serve in some capacity.


It is wisdom to have some food and water stored for an emergency, but I do not believe it is possible to be fully prepared in the physical realm for this type of thing. Just as Israel in their dire need had to trust in their Heavenly Father to care for them in the wilderness, we will be in a position where we must rely on Him.
And hast brought forth thy people Israel out of the land of Egypt with signs, and with wonders, and with a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with great terror [awe-inspiring spectacle or deed]. Jer 32:21 KJV


Disaster is what it is going to take for many to come to Christ! It is also what will cause some to doubt who they are in Christ Jesus, but don't be counted among them.

When a crisis strikes, don’t fear—only believe! Believe He is willing and able to do miracles in the very dust and smoke of devastation as you walk out in authority. As in Acts Chapter 2, let us proclaim the name of Jesus Christ to speak life where there is death, healing where there is wounding, and hope where there is despair!

I am persuaded that nothing will separate us from the love of God (Rom 8:39)~

4 comments:

Kim said...

Encouraging and sobering write this month. I believe we are on the precipice of what you have described.
In one way it stirs up an excitement in me to see what God is going to do in the saving and delivering of people during this time and it brings a sense of warning. It truly is about being close to our Jesus, the Son of the living God, taking one day at a time in His grace. He is our source! Kim

Anonymous said...

Tremendous and sound advice and wisdom mom. You are wise beyond your years. ;-p I know you've told me this urgent message before, but it's good for me and everyone to hear it over and over if need be. It's strikes deeper everytime it's told. God keep us in Your hands through all these hardships. <3 ~Rachie

Anonymous said...

I just had a scripture come to me. I think it's a scripture about our lives being like seeds in the wind or fleeting like that. That's why it's so profound that we stay tight with Christ and try to be prepared, because life is always going by us in a flash, whether we see it happening or not. ~ Rach

Lyn Melvin said...

I attribute most of my wisdom to the Spirit of the Lord. Secondly, it was my husband who said it is not possible to be fully prepared in the physical realm for every crisis. (So, Rachel, you are blessed with good parents:)

The scripture I believe that was coming into Rachel's spirit is from I Peter 1:23-25~Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the Word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.