Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dispatched


“Mimi! Mimi! Mimi!” my grandson called out to me for the umpteenth time.

I had been watching this just-turned-five rambunctious boy all day so that his father could finish doing laundry, packing, and emailing in preparation for moving. I was beginning to get annoyed with his insistence on having my constant attention, but I knew this day and this season in my life was coming to an abrupt close.

After living with Mimi and Pop for over a year and a half, ‘my boys’ were leaving. Tomorrow.

No more “I love you all the days!”
No more running hugs.
No more smelling the great outdoors in his hair as I hold him close.
No more kisses.

Not for a long time anyway. And it is tearing me up.

But the Lord is my salvation. He has let me cry on His shoulder for weeks now as I share my torn heart with Him. He has listened to my continuous prayers for my children and grandchildren.

And just the other day, He spoke something into my spirit that greatly comforted me~“I have dispatched all that is necessary to fulfill the plans I have for you and your family.”

I am not always certain whether I have heard God’s voice or if it is my own thinking. In this case, however, I believe I heard His voice, because ‘dispatched’ is not a word I would use on an everyday basis. It is a word that is used for official business and includes expediency.

How encouraged I am to know the Most High HEARS the prayerful cry AND DISPATCHES the answer as He sees fit.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me very teary-eyed mom. I'll miss them very much too, especially lil monkey. A touching and encouraging story/word. Thank You God for being so tender and understanding to us and our needs.

Love,
Rach