Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Who's Afraid of a Big Bad Fireball!



Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; [nor] for the arrow [that] flieth by day; [Nor] for the pestilence [that] walketh in darkness; [nor] for the destruction [that] wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; [but] it shall not come nigh thee. - Psalm 91:5-7 KJV


As my manner is, I turned on the TV this morning around 7:30 to check the Weather Channel while I waited for the coffee to brew. The TV was already set on a local channel, however, so I listened as a reporter on WBTV said to be on the watch tonight because there will be a geothermal light show. He went on to say that this was caused by solar flares and could result in knocking out satellite and cell phone usage in some areas. This natural light show could actually be seen the next few nights he added.

This led me to later check on-line regarding any other sources mentioning aurora activity. I found an announcement at the Universe Today site: (Click on
aurora-alert)

Well, you know how it is once you get on the worldwide web...I clicked on Science Central's link entitled, "Fireballs from Space" (
sciencentral.com) which opened a 2003 article about solar flares and the changing of Earth's magnetic field that results in natural light shows that might appear on a nightly basis.

Meteorites are also referred to as fireballs and I found some links at Seven Theory Ministries' home page announcing several recent sitings in the US. The most informative (although quite irritating) source was: (
libertybroadcastingnetwork)

I mention all this because just yesterday my daughter, Rachel, and I were reminiscing about prophetic dreams she had experienced years ago. I had been reading the rest of David Wilkerson's book (see the-heat-is-on) where the Lord had given him a dream of New York City burning and great violence erupting on the streets.



This prompted me to ask her, "Hey, Rachel, didn't you have a dream or two related to fire?" She retold me her dreams. One of them was simply that she was at home looking out a window. The house was full of people we were helping. Suddenly a fireball came down, passed through the window and then through her, but did not harm her or anyone else. She also had a dream where she saw piles of debris on fire scattered around homes in a neighborhood.

Again, I looked on-line and found there were postings of other people who had had similar dreams or visions (
fireball dreams). I did not watch all of them, but one thing they had in common was that THEY WERE NOT HARMED BY THE FIREBALLS.

I believe that our Lord in His great mercy wanted to reassure us of His loving presence in the midst of disaster. So, whatever you are hearing about comets, asteroids, meteorites, or balls of fire falling from the heavenlies, HAVE NO FEAR!


He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. - Psalm 91:1-2 KJV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's such great assurance and confirmation to hear that other people have had similiar dreams and they too were not touched by the fireballs! Thank the Lord for His continuous grace, huh!? :-D Love you mom!

Lyn Melvin said...

My apologies for those who received two emails of this blog post. I had to republish it after fixing one of the links;-}

Kim said...

Psalm 91 is such a comforting psalm. Thank God for showing us and our children that HE is our SOURCE of everything including protection in dangerous situations.

I really enjoy your blog. The pictures accompanying your writings are great!

God Bless you and your family for ministering to the saints. L,K