Sunday, September 4, 2011

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better!

My mother loved musicals and it rubbed off on me.


As the eldest daughter, I was privileged to go to the movie theater with her when a new musical came out, so I have fond memories of that.(youtube.com/watch Anything You Can Do.)


Recently, I watched "Annie Get Your Gun" starring Betty Hutton and Howard Keel. I had forgotten all the wonderful songs in that musical--songs that my mother, sisters, and I would sing as we did dishes and danced around the kitchen!


I thoroughly enjoyed reliving this part of my life. (youtube.com/watch You Can't Get a Man With a Gun)

Today, though, I have that strange happy/sad emotion. Sad because I miss my mother who died five years ago; happy because I know with certainty that I will see her again...in eternity. So thank you, Father God, for my mother and for the promise of everlasting life!


Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18 KJV


2 comments:

Kim said...

What a wonderful way to be reminded of Mom. Thanks, Sis.

Anonymous said...

Aww! This touched me mom! You're carrying out the legacy you know! Thanks for my love of musicals! :-)
<3