Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Heat is On!


The heat is on and you know I’m not referring to your thermostat! Do you realize that the crazy weather patterns we’re experiencing were foretold years ago?

Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. - Amos 3:7 KJV

Almighty Yahweh does reveal things to His people. In the Old Testament times it was primarily through those named as prophets. Since Christ has come and sent the Holy Spirit, now those who make Jesus Christ their Lord have the Spirit of God born within them and are able to hear from their Heavenly Father themselves (see I Corinthians chapter 12). And God continues to also speak through individuals to people. Not that everyone who prophesies is a prophet, but we all are able to prophesy as the Holy Spirit pours into us:

For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. - 1 Corinthians 14:31 KJV

From time to time the Lord has inspired me to speak a message to His people. Most of the time it was words of encouragement, exhortation, and comfort. However, beginning in the nineties, the Spirit of the Lord had me bring forth a warning over and over again. The first time I spoke it was one Sunday before the congregation in the little country church we were part of. It is difficult to explain the urgency I felt as I delivered the message…

“There is a time of great trouble coming upon the earth and unless you are intimate with the Lord, you will not make it.”

I trembled as the urging of The Holy Spirit had me speak this three times in a row to the people.

I didn’t know it then, but the following week we were led by the Spirit to leave our beloved little country church and eventually move to another area.

This will sound strange to many of you, but the same thing happened in the next three churches we were members of. One time, I was inspired to pick up an instrument made of a gourd wrapped in small seashells. As I shook it, it made a loud swishing sound and I said, “Shake! Shake! Shake! Everything that can be shaken will be shaken! Enter into your prayer closets—seek My face.”

I believe this is why I repeatedly blog about entering into a place of quiet before the Lord of Glory. He wants to speak to us. He wants to fellowship with us. He wants us to live expecting to hear His voice. We NEED to hear His voice—one day it may be a matter of life and death.

More and more earthquakes have been occurring around the world. This too has been prophesied. Today I feel urged to write about a great earthquake prophesied to hit the U.S. This has been foretold not just by one person, but by many. A man of God named David Wilkerson wrote of it back in 1973 under the title, The Vision, and in 2003 republished it under the name, The Vision and Beyond. Here is an excerpt:

The United States is going to experience, in the not-too-distant future, the most tragic earthquake in its history…I am not at all convinced that this earthquake will take place in California. In fact, I believe it is going to take place where it is least expected. (The Vision and Beyond by David Wilkerson, page 28)

Why am I writing this? Most of the people who read my humble blog already know many of the things I have written here. Who knows. Maybe a blogger will stumble upon this article—someone who doesn’t know he can commune with the Lord of Glory—and BANG! receive a lightening bolt in their mind and spirit. I pray it is so.

Next time I blog, I would like to share with you why this earthquake is almost certainly destined to happen.

Trusting in Him~

3 comments:

Kim said...

I was given the privilege of preaching in our small church this last Sunday and spoke concerning the same thing. Psalm 91 is a great promise from God about being in a "protection zone" when we trust God, make Him our habitation,set our love on Him and CALL ON HIS NAME in times of trouble. HE is faithful and HE will get us through anything. Great article about the importance of closeness to our Lord as His return approaches. Kim

Lyn Melvin said...

Thanks for your comments, Kim. Years prior to the attack on the U.S. on 9/11/01, I kept 'noticing' 9:11 on the clocks in my home. This has increasingly happened to me as the days go by. I believe the Spirit of the Lord is trying to emphasize the point you made--the promise of PSALM 91!

Lyn Melvin said...

Just a reminder--if you would like to read PSALM 91, simply hover your mouse over the scripture as it is shown here in red type and VOILA! a window courtesy of Blue Letter Bible will pop up with the verses!