Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Time to Serve

Lately I have been bounding out of bed and heading for the backyard instead of heading to the guest room where I pray. This is so I can enjoy my work in the gardens and avoid the oppressive heat and humidity of the day. This is the first year I have had a flower garden in addition to a small vegetable garden, and I just love it.

But I love My King even more than my flowers. As I was cleaning up after making a big breakfast for my husband and I this morning, my thoughts went to my Beloved Lord. “I am happiest when I serve You, Lord. I miss serving You.” (My mind was on how I had been so active in ministering in the church and now I am not.)

Suddenly, His love poured over me and He spoke. “When you serve your husband, when you serve your family, you are serving Me.” My yearning heart was filled. Simultaneously, the scripture came to me…

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me. - Matthew 25:40 KJV

The Book of Ecclesiastes speaks of there being a time for everything under heaven. I believe it is time to serve. Yes, we are always to be servants of the Most High, but we are coming into an actual season where the world will see the followers of Yahshua, our Jesus, as true servants of love.

And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, [the same] shall be last of all, and servant of all. - Mark 9:35 KJV

Let Us Love to Serve and Serve With Love!

1 comment:

Kim said...

This article is "RIGHT ON". As we serve others in life WE ARE SERVING JESUS. Sometimes in the most mundane activities repeated day in and day out ---like cooking and dishes and caring for children, and caring for aging parents or the neighbor that is ailing. God sees it all and is so pleased we are loving those around us. GOOD BLOG,Lyn!!!!