Saturday, September 18, 2010

Something About the Ocean




"Something about the ocean makes me rise up and praise," choruses Ten Shekel Shirt in their song entitled Ocean.

At a beach early one morning I watched my husband as he held the camera up to take a picture of the blazing sun peeking over the ridge of clouds. "It just doesn't look as beautiful on camera as the real thing," he commented.

The prophetic in me rose up. "It's like when we show forth the love of God. People see Him in us but we are not, nor can we ever be, as brilliant and beautiful as He is."

There was a time in my life that I felt defeated because I could not love my Yah enough. I would come before Him daily striving to love Him more. But one morning He spoke clearly to me.

"Daughter, it is not possible for you to love Me as I love you."

A great weight lifted off me then. His love truly surpasses our understanding. Our job is simply to show and tell God's love. This will cause us to emit the incense of Heaven. It will rise up like fragrant fingers pointing to the Lord of Glory.

Something about the heavens, continues Ten Shekel Shirt,

Makes me stand in awe again
Something about the sunrise
Reminds me of Your faithfulness
Something about the ocean


And I'm lost in love again...






1 comment:

dandelionfleur said...

That's one of my favorite songs, Lyn! I love these kinds of revelations that free us to be who we are in Christ.