Thursday, August 12, 2010

Singing By The Spirit

Woven into the mundane everyday chores of my life as a handmaiden of the Lord, who happens to also be a wife/mother/grandmother/homemaker/writer, is a time when I get to exercise my wings as a prophetic singer. One night a week my husband and I minister with an intercessory worship team. Tom plays the drums and percussion and I sing alongside two other women and the male worship leader who plays the keyboard.

What makes this type of worship different is that we pray and sing the scriptures as the Spirit of God leads us. This is where the prophetic comes in. As we sing, the Holy Spirit gives us other related scripture verses to sing or words of proclamation, repentance or encouragement--whatever is His desire. We become guided missiles of intercession at the hands of The Great Intercessor. (For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 1 Cor 14:31)

There is also a prayer leader who reads and prays the focal verses. This past Tuesday, as the prayer leader began, she went to the Lord with such a contrite heart that we easily entered into that same place with her. This caused the heavens to rend and the atmosphere of the Throne of Heaven invaded our earthly atmosphere. I wept with the realization of what was happening. In the Spirit I saw wings upon wings filling the room and I began to sing what I was envisioning~

Do you see them?
They are here to worship Him with us~
Their wings fill the room!
Do you see them?

A cacophany of praise and worship erupted. The sound was loud and full and I knew the angels were singing with us for there was only a handful of saints gathered with us.

THIS is what I live for. To experientially KNOW HIM~The Lover of My Soul. I seek to encounter Him in my prayer closet and I seek to encounter Him corporately with the Body of Believers. Hallelu-Jah!

No comments: