Saturday, August 15, 2015

Going Home


For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Most everyone can relate to the elation of ‘going home’. I remember as a young adult how glad I was to be going home after a long time away. My most recent blog articles have been about the hope that we as followers of Y'shua, our Jesus, could soon be going home.

With recent world events I see the pieces coming together for the very real possibility of our soon gathering together with the Lord in the air or the 'Rapture' as it is more commonly referred to. 

What world events am I referring to?

September 7—Congress’s last day to review the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act before Labor Day recess [Brookings.edu

September 13--It is projected that the new moon of Yom Teruah or the Feast of Trumpets will begin on this day [moonconnection.com]

September 28--The final blood moon of the tetrad will appear [The Year of the Blood Moons]


What do these events have to do with the Rapture? If Congress votes for the Iran nuclear deal it would lead to the fulfillment of the prophecy recorded in Zechariah Chapter 12. 

And I am in the group who believes that the Rapture will occur on 'The Day No Man Knows' better known as Rosh Hashanah or The Feast of Trumpets [go here for an explanation: The Year of the Wedding]. Scott Clarke of ERF Ministries has done an excellent job of laying out current events and how this all relates to end times prophecy [go to The Epic Alignment of 2015].

In 2014 Scott was hopeful that the Rapture would occur on the Feast of Trumpets that year. In a video that depicts this (You're Using the Wrong Calendar), his encouragement to be patient as we await the fulfillment of all things was a much needed exhortation for me. I encourage you to check out his site at erfministries.com.

Several years ago I had a brief dream where I was lifted into the air and I realized I was being shown the Rapture. As I looked around me, I saw many others being caught up at the same time. Each one was translucent with the blue of the sky showing through the outline of their bodies. I did not know the person closest to me, but I noticed the look of serenity on his face as he gazed upward. His countenance reflected the epitome of Peace.




No comments: