Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Red, White and Blues

Blessed is the nation whose God is Yehovah; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance. Psalm 33:12

 
This past Fourth of July was a disaster instead of a celebration. My husband and I ended up shop-vacuuming several inches of water out of our basement. This went on for TWO AND A HALF DAYS. We could hear the fireworks being shot overhead even through the din of the shop vac, but the skies were so overcast we could not see one speck of light from them.

I couldn't help but think of it as a picture of where we as a nation are at. It was another national birthday hullabaloo complete with family gatherings, barbeques (where it was not raining), and pyrotechnics but the birthday girl was drowning. The U.S. is not only drowning in debt, unemployment, and division--it is drowning in national sin.

Recently I came across a Youtube video [Link] where a man shares not only how he came to Christ but how the Lord gave him visions pertaining to our nation and our President. As I watched it, I remembered how Christian friends of ours promoted Barack Obama for the 2008 Presidential Election and how the Lord dropped a prophetic word in me to share with them. I told them that Barack Obama would indeed become the next President of the United States but that this was not a blessing but a consequence to the U.S. for national sin.






Our basement did finally dry out due to our tireless efforts but mostly due to God's grace for the sun finally dissipated all the dark clouds. So too will we as a nation recover IF we turn our hearts to Father God and allow the SON to enlighten our thinking and shine through us. That is my prayer for the United States--that she will shine once more for the true and living God.

I am honored to pray for you and our nation~

No comments: