Sunday, February 12, 2012

Free to Love



As I sat in the kitchen recently trying to clear my mind and pressing in to see if the Spirit of the Lord would speak to me, I heard, "Daughter, you're making life too complicated. The enemy wants your life to be complicated. Simply love Me as I love you."

When He said that, I remembered something else He had taught me years ago. Something I keep forgetting.

The Word of God instructs us in Mark 12:30 to love the Lord God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. Well, you see, I had taken it upon myself to work harder on this. I would chastise myself because I didn't feel as though I loved Him enough. My Heavenly Father was gracious, though, and spoke to me one day saying, "Daughter, you are not able to love Me as much as I love you!"

What a relief! I cannot express how this freed me. It was as though another layer of manmade religion sloughed off me and I was free! Free to love Him as only I could.

Today, as I thought on His love, I came across wonderful encouragement through Anne Elmer as she shared regarding dealing with disappointment in our heart. I found it here:
Anne Elmer: "REMOVE THE STONE! Let Out the Thing that is Rotting and Beginning to Smell"

And today I pray that you will be free to love!
 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Good reminder that our love pales to God's. He loves us so much. I was thinking, He even is the source of our love to others. My prayer at this Valentines Day is "Love through me , Lord, love through me." GOD is LOVE!