Sunday, May 13, 2018

The Significance of May 20th


As I sought Him this past Saturday morning, the Spirit of the Lord led me to read in Exodus 20. Whenever I read Exodus, it makes me think of how God will catch His people away from the world one day soon:

I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. - Exodus 20:2 KJV

Exodus Pentecost

But as I read Chapter 20 I realized that this account was about what happened on Mount Sinai during Shavuot, known to most as Pentecost.

Shavuot is a two-day Jewish holiday that falls on the Hebrew calendar dates of Sivan 6–7. . .
Shavuot 2018 begins at sundown on Shabbat, May 19, and concludes at nightfall on Monday, May 21. The 10 Commandments are read on May 20. chabad.org
My prayer time ran out as my five-year-old granddaughter needed my attention. As I was about to turn my computer off, I checked my email and saw a text that I had forwarded but forgot about. It was a prophetic word a friend sent me. The following is only a small excerpt:

GREAT HARVEST Begins Pentecost 2018
You see on Easter Sunday the Lord told me 50 days on Pentecost Sunday revival & awakening is going to breakthrough & the great harvest was going to start. I prophesied this after Easter. The 50 days would be May 20, 2018.

I set this word aside; yet, here I was coming across it this day He had led me to read about the Exodus Pentecost!

It would seem the Spirit of the Lord is reiterating that the SEASON OF THE OVERCOMER—the time of the Great Harvest—is about to begin!

The Great Harvest has a double meaning, I believe. It is speaking of the end time harvest of souls AND it is speaking of the 3-PART HARVEST before the Messiah’s Second Coming to earth. That is why in the above rhema He said, “LOOK UP!” SEASON OF THE OVERCOMER

Pentecost Wedding

Today as I sought the Lord further, I remembered that Pentecost was when  יְהֹוָהYĕhovah MARRIED Israel:

Because God desired a special people in the earth who would have the glory of God upon them, God called Abraham and made a covenant with him. The covenant that God made with Abraham was physical and it was spiritual. This covenant was not only with Abraham but also with the descendants of Abraham (Genesis 17:7). The physical descendants of Abraham are the children of Israel. The spiritual descendants of Abraham are all those who profess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior (Galatians 3:16, 29). . .

At Mount Sinai, God married the nation of Israel by betrothing Himself to them (Jeremiah 2:1-3). . . waytozion.org/brideofchrist/chap 7/edchumney

Jeremiah 2:1-3 records that on Shavuot—Pentecost—God betrothed Himself to (married) Israel. Verse 2 uses the Hebrew word kĕluwlah (espousal/betrothal) and it is the ONLY USAGE in the Old Testament!

The Scriptures indicate that it is the Overcoming Church who will be the Bride of Christ. Will Pentecost 2018 be when the Bride MARRIES the Heavenly Bridegroom? The Scriptures do not promise this at all, but for the Lord to bring all this conjoining information to my attention, I know the Heavenly Wedding cannot be far off and is very much on His mind as it is on mine!


As my caveat at the end of my blog articles indicates, I do not pretend to have the end times all figured out. I believe there is a remnant of people, born of incorruptible seed, who will be snatched up to meet their King and Bridegroom  just BEFORE the sudden destruction of the wrath of the Lamb (1 Thessalonians 5:3-4).




Rapture Watchers today posted a summation of world events with excerpts from J.D. Farag's May 10 Urgent Bible Prophecy Update. J. D. also recommends a movie that is now available on Amazon Prime called The Coming Convergence which is about this coming sudden destruction. How long God chooses to have His Overcomers upon the earth in these turbulent times is uncertain, but it won’t be much longer!

"The Lord has shown me and many others within the Body of Christ that the exponential increase in catastrophic disasters and war will be the impetus for the Great Harvest." Gold Falling on the Gentiles!









Caveat: This blog is an attempt to share my spiritual journey and my understanding of the Scriptures. In the past few years that learning curve has been mostly in eschatology or the study of the end times. I do not pretend to have this all figured out. Also, I do not necessarily agree with all the beliefs of anyone whose material I reference. I seek to be led of the Spirit of God as to the sources I use, however, even Spirit-filled Christians only 'see in part' as it says in 1 Corinthians 13:12.


No comments: