Wednesday, December 7, 2011

There's No Place Like Home



...Consider the lilies of the field... Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?... - Matthew 6:28-31 in part KJV

This is one of those nights when I just don't sleep well. I'm not always certain whether it is the Spirit of the Lord waking me or simply the result of 'getting to that age'.

I look around my room and see a picture we never hung and I know there's another one in the finished basement. We don't hang up all our pictures, I think, because we don't feel at home. I don't think I have ever felt at home anywhere on earth. Ever.


This world is not my home

I'm just a passin' through


as the song goes. Oh, Father God, how I long to go Home.

I wait--will He speak comfort to me?

I charge you to go forward, Daughter, fearing nothing. For truly I have a plan for you and truly My word does not fail. The days are dark and will be darker. But I would not have you to fear for I AM is with you. I AM is for you and goes before you. So fear not.

Do I not take care of the lilies of the field and the birds of the air? How much more do I care for you, Daughter! How much more do I care for you!


...But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. - Matthew 6:33 KJV

1 comment:

Kim said...

Too many of us get "settled" in this world! Lyn, this was a good reminder to be in the world but not of the world. We have to have a kingdom of God mindset to stay bright and shining for our Father and Lord Jesus Christ. HE truly will give us the grace we need one day at a time. HE is the lifter of our faces ---keep your eyes up everyone!